About CPIFA Location： 首页>About CPIFA>CPIFA Constitution
The Constitution of CPIFA
Chapter One General Provisions
Article One The Chinese People’s Institute of Foreign Affairs is a people’s organization devoted to people-to-people diplomacy and public diplomacy. Its English name is THE CHINESE PEOPLE’S INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (CPIFA).
Article Two Under the leadership of the Communist Party of China, guided by Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era and Xi Jinping Thought on Diplomacy, CPIFA is committed to “making friends for the country”, with building a community with a shared future for mankind as its goal. By taking concerted actions with China’s overall diplomacy, expanding foreign exchanges and pushing forward the building of the “Belt and Road” Initiative, CPIFA aims to enhance mutual understanding and friendship between the peoples of China and rest of the world, to promote the establishment and development of friendly relations between China and all other countries in the world, to disseminate Xi Jinping Thought on Diplomacy and China’s independent foreign policy of peace, and to strive for peace, development and win-win cooperation throughout the world.
Article Three In order to achieve the above-mentioned aims, this Institute shall be devoted to:
1. Establish and expand contacts and communications with foreign statesmen and noted public figures.
2. Conduct research on international situation, major international issues and foreign policies and put forward proposals thereof to the Government.
3. Get in touch with domestic institutions and individuals engaged in the studies of international relations and public diplomacy; carry out exchanges and cooperation with academic institutions and NGOs of all countries.
4. Conduct public diplomacy activities. Organize or co-organize various types of forums, seminars, lectures and symposiums. Publish the English quarterly journal, Foreign Affairs Journal. Operate the CPIFA website.
5. Promote bilateral or multilateral economic, cultural and people-to-people cooperation.
Chapter Two The Council
Article Four CPIFA Council is the main body for carrying out external exchanges. The Council is composed of senior advisors, advisors and council members and may recruit specially-invited advisors and council members if needed. Senior advisors, advisors and specially-invited advisors are composed of incumbent or former state leaders, senior government officials and noted public figures from all walks of life. Council members and specially-invited council members are composed of senior diplomats as well as experts and scholars engaged in the studies of international issues and policies.
Article Five The Standing Council is the day-to-day administrative body of CPIFA. It has one President. According to the needs of work, there shall be a number of Vice Presidents, one Secretary-General and a couple of deputy Secretaries-General.
Article Six Main functions of the Standing Council:
1. Call Council meetings.
2. Submit reports to the Council.
3. Supplement or remove Council members.
4. Consider and supervise the implementation of funds and annual budgetary final accounts of CPIFA.
5. Establish administrative bodies according to the needs of work.
6. Engage somebody as Honorary President of CPIFA according to the needs of work.
Article Seven Main functions of the Council:
1. Consider the Report on the Work of CPIFA.
2. Make suggestions concerning CPIFA work.
3. Revise the present Constitution according to the changes of situation and needs of work.
Article Eight Obligations of the Council members:
1. Abide by the CPIFA Constitution, implement CPIFA decisions.
2. Safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of CPIFA.
3. Actively participate in the people’s diplomatic activities organized by CPIFA.
Article Nine The tenure of each Council shall be five years. The Standing Council substitutes the functions of the Council during its adjournment to discuss and decide relevant matters.
Chapter Three Funds of the Institute
Article Ten Funds of the Institute shall be from:
1. Governmental appropriations and subsidies.
2. Donations from various circles of the society.
Chapter Four Supplementary Provisions
Article Eleven CPIFA shall be based in Beijing.
Article Twelve The present Constitution shall come into effect after adoption at the Council conference.
Article Thirteen The Standing Council shall be responsible for the interpretation of the present Constitution.